Dr. Jason Klein
Dr. Jason Klein
Areas of Interest:
Shoulder and elbow instability, arthritis, tendon injuries, complex cases, failed previous surgery, and overuse injuries, Upper and lower extremity trauma and fracture care, Sports injuries, Hip and knee arthritis
Dr. Klein was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. He attended Greenhill School and proudly graduated as part of the school’s Forever Club. His interest in Orthopaedic Surgery has many origins. As a young kid, he loved rounding on patients and attending high school football games with his father, his role model and a well respected Orthopaedic Surgeon in Garland, Texas. Next, Dr. Klein overcame his own set of knee and elbow injuries sustained while playing tennis, baseball, and football that ultimately required the excellent, personalized care of the W.B. Carrell Clinic™ physicians and staff. Watching his father counsel patients at the time of their injuries as well as learning from his own experiences with injury ultimately inspired his pursuit of a career in Orthopaedic Surgery.
After graduating from Greenhill School with the Bernard Fulton award, Dr. Klein attended Duke University. He walked on to the tennis team and later graduated magna cum laude with a degree in Biology and minors in Spanish and Chemistry. He attended medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and went on to match at Jackson Memorial Hospital / University of Miami for Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, successfully couples matching with his wife. During his last year of residency, Dr. Klein was appointed academic chief resident. He was fortunate to complete a world-renowned fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery at the Rothman Institute / Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA. There he learned the most advanced techniques in modern open reconstructive and arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery from many of the world’s experts. In addition, he published a number of papers within the field of shoulder and elbow and presented his research at conferences across the country. Following his fellowship training, Dr. Klein returned to Dallas to join the W.B. Carrell Clinic™.
In his spare time, Dr. Klein enjoys spending time with his wife, dancing with his 2 young girls, and playing tennis and golf.
- Undergraduate Degree: Duke University
- Medical Degree: Baylor College of Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Jackson Memorial Hospital / University of Miami
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Fellowship: Rothman Institute / Thomas Jefferson University
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leaders Program
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Orthopaedic Association
- North Central Surgical Center
- Baylor University Medical Center
- Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas
- Medical City Dallas
- Baylor Scott and White Frisco
- Baylor Scott and White Sports Surgery Center at the STAR
Physician’s Website www.jasonskleinmd.com