After World War II, Dr. Girard relocated his practice and the Clinic became the W. B. Carrell Clinic. Dr. Carrell continued his practice at the Clinic until his death in 1944. The Clinic remained at the Maple Avenue location until 1963 when a new building was built at 2828 Lemmon Avenue. The new clinic was renamed the W. B. Carrell Memorial Clinic, in honor of Dr. Carrell. As the years passed, the Clinic continued to expand its services. Physicians with various areas of orthopedic expertise were added to the staff. In 1985 a new site was built at 2909 Lemmon Avenue and Oak Grove. With the growth of the Carrell Clinic, a second satellite office was opened in December 1993 adjacent to the Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas on 8230 Walnut Hill Lane. In October of 2005 we closed our two locations on Lemmon & Walnut Hill Lane and moved our clinic to our new building, the Carrell Clinic Center at 9301 North Central Expressway. This location houses not only our clinical and administrative operations, but also a state-of-the-art imaging department, pharmacy, orthotics department, fully staffed physical therapy department and numerous other specialists in the field of musculoskeletal medicine. In November of 2018, the Carrell Clinic introduced a second location at The Star in Frisco offering the highest standard of Orthopaedic care in the Collin County and North Texas area. The Carrell Clinic is proud to offer a one stop approach for orthopedic patients, attempting to meet all of their needs in medical care.
William Beall Carrell, MD and Percy M. Girard, MD established the Carrell-Girard Clinic in Dallas in the early 1920s. The orthopedic clinic was initially located at 3701 Maple Avenue. In addition to general orthopedics, Dr. Carrell developed a deep concern for children with orthopedic deformities. He quickly became the driving force behind a campaign for a crippled children’s hospital in Dallas. His dream was realized in 1922 when the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Crippled Children was built adjacent to the Clinic.
W. B. Carrell, M.D.