Brian P. Gladnick, M.D.
About Dr. Gladnick
Dr. Gladnick is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of the University of Delaware, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He went on to earn his medical degree from Cornell University in New York, where he received the T. Campbell Thompson Prize for excellence in Orthopaedic Surgery. He completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery/Cornell Medical Center in New York, followed by a fellowship in Adult Total Joint Reconstruction at the OrthoCarolina Hip and Knee Center in Charlotte. He chose a career in hip and knee reconstruction because of its enormous potential to relieve pain, restore function, and improve the lives of his patients.
Dr. Gladnick's clinical interests include the direct anterior (DA) approach total hip replacement, in which he has completed subspecialty training at the Schulthess Klinik in Zürich, Switzerland, in addition to his residency and fellowship experiences. He is also interested in unicompartmental (partial) and total knee replacement, treatment of periprosthetic fractures, and complex revision hip and knee replacement. Dr. Gladnick utilizes advanced technologies, including computer navigation, robotic arm assistance, automated impaction, and intra-operative fluoroscopy, to enhance surgical accuracy and precision in the operating room.
Dr. Gladnick is a fellow of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS). He has lectured internationally and presented original research on various topics, including primary and revision hip and knee reconstruction. Dr. Gladnick has authored over sixty publications, including scientific and review articles, textbook chapters, and meeting abstracts. His research interests include determining clinical outcomes after primary total hip and total knee replacement, and the use of technologies such as computer navigation, automation, and robotics in joint replacement surgery. He has published multiple articles involving the direct anterior approach, and now trains other surgeons, residents, and medical students in the technique.
Outside of work, Dr. Gladnick believes in giving back to the community. He has co-chaired the Arthritis Foundation annual benefit, and is involved with numerous charities and philanthropic organizations. He enjoys spending his spare time with his wife, Lisa, and their boys, Grayson and Henry.
Dr. Gladnick Specializes In:
Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
Partial (Unicompartmental) Knee Replacement
Total Knee Replacement
Computer Navigated Joint Replacement
Robotic-Assisted Joint Replacement
Revision Hip and Knee Replacement
Phone: (214) 220-2468, Ext. 1362
Phone: (214) 220-2468, Ext. 1362
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Arts, Honors Degree With Distinction, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- Weill Medical College – Cornell University, New York, NY
General Surgery Internship
- New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
Subspecialty Training in Direct Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Schulthess Klinik, Zürich, Switzerland
Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction Fellowship
- OrthoCarolina, Charlotte, NC
Areas of Specialization
- Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial (Unicompartmental) Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Hip and Knee Replacement
- Revision Hip and Knee Replacement
- Computer Navigation for Total Joint Replacement
- Robotic-Arm Assisted Total Knee Replacement
Certification and Affiliations
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction, Carrell Clinic, Dallas, TX
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction, OrthoVirginia/Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington, VA
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Georgetown University, School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Advocacy Committee Member
- American Medical Association
- Beta Beta Beta
- Texas Orthopaedic Association
- The Journal of Arthroplasty, Manuscript Reviewer
- Baylor University Medical Center
- North Central Surgical Center
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas