REQUESTING PATIENT MEDICAL RECORDS
- PATIENTS MUST SUBMIT A RELEASE OF INFORMATION FORM TO REQUEST MEDICAL RECORDS
- IMPORTANT!!! Medical records will be available online only - NOT faxed or mailed. The only items that can be mailed or picked up in the office are Imaging CD discs of X-rays or MRIs.
Text or call: (214) 432-3025 Email us: email@example.com
**PAYMENT MUST BE MADE IN ADVANCE BEFORE YOUR REQUEST WILL BE PROCESSED**
$25 Request Processing Fee per request + $8 per imaging CD copy (x-ray, MRI)
Fees apply to patients requesting records for themselves or directing records to any third party.
There are no refunds for any reason, even if no records are found for the timeframe or record types stated in your request.
**ONCE YOU HAVE REQUESTED YOUR X-RAYs OR MRIs:**
- You may pick up your requested X-ray/MRI on CD disc by going to the 5th floor of Carrell Clinic
- You may have your requested X-ray/MRI mailed to you on CD disc. Please allow an additional 5-7 days for regular mail delivery.
- OR -
Pick-up Schedule for X-rays/MRIs requests:
When: Tuesday through Friday, 7am - 5pm
(Note: CDs are processed each Monday.)
Where: 5th floor, Tower 1, Carrell Clinic
**You must pre-pay for your request. Please follow the payment instructions for the option you choose below.**
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR THE REQUEST METHOD OF YOUR CHOICE:
OPTION 1: PATIENT QUICK RELEASE TO YOU - CLICK HERE! Use your computer or mobile device to submit!
Quick turnaround within 48 hours (excluding weekends/holidays)
OPTION 2: PATIENT RELEASE TO 3rd PARTY - CLICK HERE! Use your computer or mobile device to submit!
Processed within 5-7 business days.
|HOW DO I DECIDE WHICH OPTION TO USE?||Option 1 -
|Option 2 -
|How long can it take to process my request?||48 hours**||5-7 days**|
|Can I order my records with my phone/tablet?||Yes||Yes|
|Will I be told when my request is ready?||Yes, immediately, by text message||No, only the 3rd party is notified (by fax)|
|Can I access my own records?||Yes||No|
|Can I print/email/save/fax my records?||Yes, and you can share them with any 3rd party when and how you want||No|
|How are my records made available?||Online only.***
The only item you may pick up or have mailed to you is an X-Ray/MRI CD.
The only item mailed to the 3rd party is an X-Ray/MRI CD.
|Can I view my records on my phone/tablet?||Yes||No|
*You are responsible for providing us with the correct 3rd party contact information.
**Your records will be available in the timeframe specified in the table above, excluding weekends and holidays. Requested Xrays/ MRIs take longer to process than other types of records because they must be prepared by Carrell Clinic staff and copied to a CD. Also, please allow 5-7 days for X-ray/MRI CD mailing.
***We cannot guarantee when or if the 3rd party will access your records online after receiving notification that the records are ready. You are solely responsible for following up with the 3rd party, if needed.
YOU MAY ALSO USE THE HANDY KIOSK on the 5th floor of The Carrell Clinic to place your request!
- If you are already visiting the clinic or need help with filling out your request, you can use the handy kiosk located at the main desk on the 5th floor. If you have any questions, our staff at the main desk will be happy to help you use the kiosk.
- Request records for yourself (Option 1) or direct records to a third party (Option 2).
- When your records are ready, retrieve them online safely and conveniently. Medical records will not be faxed or mailed.
- If you order an X-Ray/MRI image CD, you may have it mailed or pick it up at the clinic. Allow an extra 5-7 days for mailing.
- Your credit card payment must be submitted through the in-office kiosk before we can begin processing your request.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Go to the 5th floor of The Carrell Clinic at 9301 North Central Expressway, Tower 1, Dallas, TX.
- Fill out and pay for your medical records request using the countertop medical records kiosk at the main desk.