Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy is an advanced treatment that boosts the natural regenerative capacity of your body. It has helped many athletes and sports enthusiasts return to their game after a potentially career-ending injury.
When compared to more invasive treatments such as surgery which can result in significant time away from the game, platelet rich plasma therapy is a relatively simple, inexpensive, quick, safe, and effective alternative for many different types of sports injuries.
- Simple: A small amount of your own blood is drawn and processed in a centrifuge to obtain platelet-rich plasma. The PRP is then injected into the site of injury to enhance the healing process.
- Inexpensive: Although PRP may not always be covered by insurance, it is still far less expensive than traditional surgery to repair ligament, tendon, or muscle injuries.
- Quick: PRP can be administered in a physician’s office or in an outpatient setting. The entire procedure from the blood draw to receiving in the injection at the site of injury can be completed within an hour and you can return to your routine activities almost immediately.
- Safe: As PRP is autologous, which means it is obtained from your own body, the potential for infection or an adverse reaction is extremely low.
- Sustained Outcome: Unlike corticosteroid injections or pain injections that provide only a temporary relief of painful symptoms, PRP injections provide long lasting healing for injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
Whether you want to get back to your game after a sports injury, or you just want return to doing things you enjoy, consult your doctor or visit us at Carrell Clinic™ to find out if you might benefit from PRP treatment.
The physicians of the Carrell Clinic™ are committed to providing the highest standards of excellence in orthopedic care. Book an appointment with us today.